I’ve struggled to put my thoughts into words since this war began. Since day one, I’ve consumed more than my share of media, images and stories that have slowly been emerging, and it seems, have only gotten worse in scope. For once, the truth was worse than fiction. For once, the real story was far more horrific than what was initially reported in the media. For once, both left and right united in their condemnation of the atrocities that were seen on October 7th, 2023, a day that has already gone down in history as the “Black Sabbath”.
Although we are 3 ½ weeks into this war, with no signs Hamas or Hezbollah deescalating soon, the empathy that liberal media networks provided to Israel in the beginning stages has already subsided. The mainstream media has turned its full attention to Israel’s supposed responsibility for the innocent civilians in Gaza, calling their strikes on Hamas genocide, and the fact that civilians have been killed as a result war crimes that have been committed by Israel.
It’s as if the media genuinely believes that those with two eyes and ears cannot see through the facade. For those who may have gotten overwhelmed by the sheer volume and complexity of the news coverage however, here are a few facts for you:
- No innocent Jews would be dead right now if it were not for Hamas’ attack on October 7th, 2023.
- No innocent Palestinian-Arabs in Gaza would be dead right now if it were not for Hamas’ attack on October 7th, 2023
- Hospitals in Gaza would not be in danger right now if it were not for the fact that Hamas’ headquarters are located inside the hospital complex.
- Hospitals, humanitarian groups, and Gaza’s economy in general would not be suffering right now if it were not for the fact that Hamas is stealing electricity, water, supplies and fuel from the people of Gaza.
- Less Palestinian-Arabs would be dead right now if Hamas had not stopped their own people from fleeing when Israel warned them to. Instead, they were caught shooting their own people in the streets, blocking their escape and ordering them back into their homes so that they could serve as human shields.
- Gaza could and would have been a flourishing region, if it were not for the fact that Hamas’ top leaders pocketed billions of dollars for themselves, today living in Qatar so as to be safe from Israel’s security agencies.
- Israel would not be in a war for their survival right now if it were not for the fact that millions of Palestinian-Arabs, and their supporters all over the world, would not have repeatedly called for genocide against the Jewish people.
From the river to the sea is not a nice, pro-Palestinian chant. It’s not a slogan for the Palestinians’ freedom. Instead, it is a call for the eradication of the Jewish people from their ancient homeland, from the Jordan River, to the Mediterranean Sea, including everything and everyone in between.
Sometimes as Christians we have been asked: if I lived in Europe in 1938, and realized that Jews were being targeted and killed, would I have opened my home, risked my life and my family’s life, and given them shelter? True believers in the Bible obviously answer that question with a resounding “yes”.
I have a question for you. When do you think that Christians in Europe fully realized the extent of Hitler’s final solution, with his determination to wipe the Jewish race from the earth? One month into the war? Six months? One year? Two?
Make no mistake. Do not fool yourself into believing that there is no need to risk your livelihood, safety, financial security, and reputation on behalf of God’s chosen people right now.
I don’t have any predictions as to how long this war will last. I do know, however, that an ugly, anti-Zionist head is raising itself all over the world. No matter the outcome of this perilous time, the time has come for Bible believers to stand. Stand with Israel. Stand with Zion. Stand with the Jewish people. Stand with God’s Kingdom.