Last week, we published a rebuttal to a front page article that Haaretz (a left wing newspaper in Israel) printed regarding our tree planting project in Israel. In the rebuttal, we refuted the falsehoods that Haaretz put forth, debunking the lies which stated that HaYovel had planted trees on private Arab land.
>>Sponsor a tree to be planted in Israel’s heartland this October. We only have four weeks left to reach our goal!
Astoundingly, Haaretz, as well as many of the other left-wing mainstream media, ignores the actual land grabbing that is happening en-mass in Judea and Samaria. As of December 2021, more than 70,000 illegal Arab structures have been built in Area C of Judea and Samaria. Under the 1993 Oslo Accords, Area C was primarily designated for Jewish settlement, while Areas A and B were listed for Arab development.
While Area C makes up over 60% of the Judea and Samaria land mass (falsely labeled the West Bank), Jewish communities make up less than 2%. Arab towns and villages lie on nearly 40% of Judea and Samaria overall region, which leaves 60% mostly empty.
Unfortunately, the current Israeli government has done little to move forward Jewish settlement in the heartland, and many times has gone even further and destroyed Jewish infrastructure. Many of Israel’s politicians prefer to appease their international counterparts instead of focusing on building up their own nation.
At the same time, they largely ignore the illegal Arab building that has been taking place for more than ten years in Area C, and today, is moving forward at an ever accelerating pace. On average, seven new illegal Arab structures are being built every day in Area C of Judea and Samaria.
According to Naomi Kahn, who is the director of the International Division of Regavim, a public Israeli movement dedicated to the protection of Israel’s land resources and the preservation of Israeli sovereignty, to date 25,000 illegal Arab structures have been built in Area C. At this rate, a de facto Palestinian state will be established very soon, without Israel’s consent.
If we predict the future of this potential de facto Palestinian state based off of the current mini-Palestinian state that is in the Gaza Strip, a complete takeover of Area C in Judea and Samaria could lead to the effective destruction of the rest of Israel. For example, from Har Bracha in Samaria (a large Jewish community located near Nablus), one can see the Mediterranean Sea. Sometimes, when rockets are shot from Gaza, planes incoming to Ben Gurion Airport are rerouted over this part of Samaria as it is farther from the Gaza Strip, and out of range of the rockets. From an overlook in Peduel, a Jewish town also in Samaria, one can see the entire coastal plain of Israel, which is home to more than 70% of Israel’s citizens.
It is not hard to imagine the death, carnage, and terrorism that would errupt if the Arabs completely take over Judea and Samaria. While they continue to publicly petition the United Nations and European Union for official recognition as a Palestinian state, they are quietly buildling an illegal de facto entity in Area C of Judea and Samaria. If they are not stopped, it could spell big trouble for Israel.
In response to massive illegal takeover of land near Karnei Shomron, Moshe Shmueli, Regavim’s coordinator of Judea and Samaria, said:
“The Palestinian Authority is taking advantage of the ineptness of the authorities and is in effect promoting a strategic plan for the establishment of a Palestinian state in Area C.”
While the world decries any building of Jewish structures, or even the planting of trees in Area C, which was specifically designated for Jewish settlement under the Oslo Accords, they ignore the thousands of illegal Arab structures that are popping up all over Israel’s biblical heartland.